Tuesday 14 May 2013

Teal Glitter Nails

I fancied something a bit different and glittery with my nails so I went for a teal nail look.

It's super easy and simple!

I've not really ever used this nail polish before although I got it after Xmas in the Boots half price sale it's a beautiful colour it's by Henry Holland it was in a gift set so I'm not sure you can buy it separately... The glitter I got ages ago at the 2011 IMATS! It seems like only yesterday I went there but I'd absolutely love to go again it was defiantly amazing! The glitter is by NYX - 05 Summer Breeze, I don't think I'll ever ever ever use it all up.

Here's how to create this look:

Step 1: apply a base coat (I just used Barry M clear nail polish)

Step 2: apply 2 coats of your preferred colour (wether it be teal or not...I used a Henry Holland nail polish, but it doesn't have a name)

Step 3: when dry apply a top coat (again I just used the Barry M one)

Step 4: when wet dip the nail into the pot of glitter and roll it side to side to cover the whole nail, slowly remove the nail from the pot and tap off the excess glitter over the pot. (I used NYX 05 Summer Breeze)

^ it's best to do the glitter on some sort of bored or folder that you can easily slide the glitter off and into the bin (as it does get quite messy!)

Step 5: apply 2 coats of top coat to seal in the glitter, it also helps give it a nice glossy finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment